Luminis Health is offering a bonus to full-time bedside RNs with more than two decades of experience as part of a $ 29 million investment in employee recruitment and retention, the system said on Oct. 26. health care center based in Annapolis, Maryland.
The investment, which will affect approximately 6,700 employees in various ways, also includes:
- Upfront Tuition Assistance Payment
- Reduce waiting time for short-term disability for full-time staff
- Full-time health insurance premiums for most part-time employees
- Single pension plan for all employees of the health system
- New program allowing flexible weekend shifts for RNs
- College loan repayment program for full-time bedside RNs with three years of service, up to $ 10,000 per year, up to a maximum of $ 30,000
- Raising the minimum wage to $ 17 an hour
- Realign salaries for high demand and high vacancy positions in support and paramedical services
- Increased starting salary for newly graduated nurses
- Additional bonuses for various nursing positions based on salary and hours of work
âOne of the bold goals of Vision 2030, the new strategic plan for the healthcare system, is to become the # 1 employer of choice in the region where 100% of team members find joy at workâ said Manny Ocasio, director of human resources at Luminis Health, said in a press release. âBy making these investments in our workforce, we can attract the best talent and retain highly skilled employees. Many of these benefits will take effect immediately and will be implemented by January 1.
Luminis Health is comprised of Anne Arundel Medical Center, Doctors Community Medical Center, J. Kent McNew Family Medical Center, Pathways, and the clinical company Luminis Health.